Saturday, January 30, 2010

December 20th - We're Pregnant!


Photobucket

This is the day that we found out that we were pregnant! Sonya flew into Colorado Springs on this Sunday after spending a few extra days in Pennsylvania with her family. She had not been feeling very well and by the end of the week wondered if she should take a pregnancy test. So in the afternoon we decided to go ahead and take our first ever pregnancy test...

After sitting the pregnancy test on the counter to await the 5 minute recommended period of time, I glanced at it and noticed the 2 blue lines were turning blue IMMEDIATELY. I thought “oh boy” and ran out of the bathroom to wait on the couch with Matt. We chatted and I was pretending to listen but my mind was completely preoccupied. Then I told him it was time to check it and made him go first. Matt walked back to the bathroom, picked it up off the counter, glanced at it and then covered it up with his hand. He says to me, “What do you want it to be?” with a smile tugging at the corner of his eyes. I reply “WHAT IS IT???!!!!” He pulled his hand away as he revealed the two very SOLID blue lines and he says, “We’re pregnant.” We were excited and surprised and dazed at the same time. And of course, I did it one more time just to be sure.

Here is a quick clip we taped on our camera after the exciting moment:

Merry Christmas to us!

4 comments on "December 20th - We're Pregnant!"

mmncgrand on February 21, 2010 at 4:36 PM said...

Hey!! Congratulations. I just went through all your blogs so far on the Two become three blog. Grandpa and I are so thrilled about this news. It will be an honor to be the great grandparents of your chidren. Can't wait to hold this new one in my arms. God bless you!!

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting!!!!!!!! I'm really happy for you guys and can't wait to see the wonderful little baby that you two make. Thanks for inviting me to view this blog!

Matt and Sonya on February 21, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

Thanks, Grandma! Hope you are enjoying the blog :)

Ha ha. You were so fun on the phone Courtney...pure enthusiasm! We loved it. You are going to be one cool aunt!

mberry on March 5, 2010 at 7:40 PM said...

Congratulations Sonya & Matt! I just wish you were closer so we could experience all of these wonderful experiences together. We miss you & Love you guys! Can't wait to meet the little one in August. You look beautiful as always. It was nice catching up tonight. I expect to do it more often :)

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates