Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14th-2nd Trimester Ultrasound


We had our 20 week ultrasound this morning. We got up, I filled my bladder, snapped a picture before leaving and headed to the doctor's office!
Photobucket

My doctor's office is located in Sisters Grove Pavilion.
Photobucket

Sisters Grove Pavilion is attached to the hospital where we will welcome this new life into our lives. The hospital is called St. Francis Medical Center.
Photobucket

On my way into Sisters Grove Pavilion to the 3rd floor where Dr. Shelton's office is...Associates in Women's Care.
Photobucket

We had a really great visit and ultrasound. And we didn't succumb to the temptation of finding out the gender! In fact, when we told the ultrasound tech that we wanted to wait to be surprised she didn't even zoom in to find out because she said she didn't want to let it slip! But everything looks great. Baby Jeopardy is developing well and on schedule. It is so amazing to see this little life up on the screen and know that it is living and growing inside of me. I just can't believe the baby has everything now that it will have when he/she is born. It will just continue to grow and develop until delivery.

Matt really enjoyed it also and was able to figure out what we were looking at throughout. I, on the other hand, had to be walked through the whole thing! Matt was so sweet and held my hand throughout.

Here is one of the profile pictures of our bundle of joy:
Photobucket
The baby is weighing/measuring in at 21 1/2 weeks. Baby Jeopardy is a full pound! So a little bit bigger than where we actually are.

After the ultrasound Dr. Shelton met with us and Matt got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. The heartbeat was 150 when he took it and it was 143 during the ultrasound. Then Dr. Shelton de-programmed me from all of the crazy opinions and advice I get all week long about pregnancy and having babies! ha ha. He is so laid back and Matt and I love this in him. Anna Marie, his nurse, is awesome as well. She brings the excitement and fun. She is convinced we are having a boy now. I reminded her that last visit she was convinced it was a girl...but she claims now that she can actually see some growth in my belly she thinks it is a boy! She is hilarious.

She also weighs me in every visit and claims I have gained 12 pounds so far. 8 of them coming from just the last 5 weeks! She says I am still smaller for 20 weeks but that it is not a bad thing at all. She claims that I will weigh less after having the baby then before I was pregnant. Another prediction she decided to make. We feel blessed by this MD/RN team!

A few more pictures for your viewing pleasure from this evening after work.

An already proud daddy:
Photobucket

And our family of three!
Photobucket

6 comments on "April 14th-2nd Trimester Ultrasound"

Deb on April 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM said...

Without the picture of sweet little Jeopardy's perfect little head, I'm not sure I would totally believe you are pregnant. You just don't look like you are halfway through your pregnancy. What a cute little family of three!

Matt and Sonya on April 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM said...

Thanks! You are saying everything right and scoring points as a mother 'n law! I promise you the belly is there...and the baby has been so active lately it won't let me forget it. I told Matt he should call you an hour ago and he claimed you would be in bed...guess not :) Love you!

Deb on April 15, 2010 at 11:23 AM said...

Ed's gone so I go to bed much later :)

Nicole on April 16, 2010 at 3:25 PM said...

So exciting to see a picture of Baby Jeopardy! Can't wait to meet this bambino!

mmncgrand on April 17, 2010 at 7:40 AM said...

Bring me the kleenex please. I love all the details and the pictures. Again, thanks for sharing!! I can't wait either. Wow, God is so good!!!

Matt and Sonya on April 20, 2010 at 9:07 PM said...

Can't wait for you to meet your niece or nephew either, Nicole!

Glad you enjoyed the details, Grandma!

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates