Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11th- 4th Dr's Appt & Package from Jessie!


I had a fairly uneventful doctor's appointment today. I got to hear the heartbeat again...which I love. It's so amazing. And I feel myself breathe a sigh of relief when Dr. Shelton finds it. Yay! There is a baby in there. Dr. Shelton said everything seems to be going well! I'm gaining weight at the right pace and on April 14th we are scheduled for an ultrasound....where we COULD find out the gender of the baby if we wanted to. But we won't. Though I feel so strongly that we are going to have a girl...we will have to wait until August to find out if I am totally crazy or not!

Today was the appointment where we could have the blood testing to find out if the baby has certain diseases or defects...such as down syndrome. But we chose not to do the testing. I would certainly be the one to get a false positive and go insane for no reason!

This week and last week I have been SO tired. I can't seem to get enough sleep. While they have been busier weeks as far as work is concerned...I don't think that is the only reason. I never had the extreme exhaustion in the first trimester but now I am beginning to feel it. I have gained probably as much weight in the last two weeks as I have gained so far in the pregnancy so maybe the baby is having a growth spurt that is making me tired. I don't really know...I'm just guessing!

I was elated to discover a package in the mail when I got home from work & my doctor's appointment! Jessie sent us the cutest gift. She made me four burp cloths and a strap that you can clip onto any blanket to create a nursing cover! Thank you, Jessie. I love your gifts! And now to share the package with the rest of you:
Photobucket

This girl has the most perfect writing I have ever seen:
Photobucket

The cloths and strap:
Photobucket
She even made us pink & blue so we are good with either gender :) And by the way, Jessie, the blue color is perfect. Not a baby blue...but the blue I like. And with brown! You are too good. I was just telling Matt the other day that if we do have a girl, I want to incorporate pink into the room with the brown and blue. I may have to wait until the li'l squirt gets here to decorate! :)

Close-up of patterns:
Photobucket

Thank you, Johnston Family!!!!

3 comments on "March 11th- 4th Dr's Appt & Package from Jessie!"

mmncgrand on March 13, 2010 at 1:14 PM said...

Hey, no picture!! Rest when you can Sonya it is good for you. Those burp cloths are so neat. And the material looks like some Deb would pick out too. So you, right? Jesse knows you well.

Matt and Sonya on March 14, 2010 at 4:50 PM said...

No pictures of me...you see enough of me once a week! And yes, Jessie did a great job with the colors!

Nicole on March 16, 2010 at 4:11 PM said...

How exciting to hear the heartbeat! And Jessie does have some beautiful handwriting - some of the nicest I've seen in my 23 years of life!

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates