Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 22nd-Announcing the News to Work


So...I finally did it. In Monday morning meeting, with my boss, Chuck and two other marketers, Andrea and Lisa, I let the secret out. I tried to be clever. When Chuck asked me if I had anything on my schedule to share I first mentioned a date this week that I had a breakfast scheduled at Springs Village Care Center and then asked everyone to turn their calendars to August to get a date penciled in there as well. I said, "On August 30th, I'll be having a baby, so you might want to write that down." It took them a second...but they were so surprised! The ladies were going crazy of course and Chuck was letting it sink in. But everyone was excited. And of course, they could not believe that I was 17 weeks along and had not said a word. They all claimed they had no clue and wanted to know where my belly was. Although, the next day Chuck told me when he told his wife, Mary, she admitted that she suspected when we were all at their home for dinner last week. She noticed my "bulge". She is perceptive because that is the first time I met her! But I knew some people had to have noticed. I have caught a couple people looking at my stomach...so I thought I better spill the beans.

In all honesty, it has been a little difficult after sharing the news with work. (Which we knew would be the case...that is why we waited!) So, as everyone who is reading this blog is close friends and family, I am asking for your prayers for Matt and I. We have some decisions to make. Three people have already asked me at work if I plan to return to work...one being my boss. My answer has been that Matt and I not there yet in regards to that decision, but I will of course need some time off after having the baby. Chuck told me today (Tuesday) that they would support me in whatever decision I made. While our plan has always been for me to stay at home and I am fully prepared to do that...we want to know that this is the Lord's plan. There are many variables...and I have never considered that Encompass may want me to stay in some capacity...even if not full time. The hard part for me is what if you say you are leaving, give a resignation date, train a replacement, and then something goes wrong in the pregnancy? I then have given up a job that I love. Is this having too little faith? It is also a transition as I know that work looks at a pregnant employee differently, even if they try not to. The last three weeks we have had some sort of corporate interaction where I have been told of their big plans for me within Encompass. While I know that climbing the career ladder is not my desire, I don't want to perform at any lesser of a level or be viewed differently now. But I know I will be.

Please pray for wisdom for Matt and I as we make these decisions...as well as some choices as it relates to his job and insurance benefits for me and the baby. Whenever he makes a switch, we will be without insurance for at least 60 days if I am not working when he switches. We did not take benefits for me with Encompass because we did not want to compromise our integrity by deceiving them into thinking I was returning just to receive the health benefits, if I indeed was not. So please pray for these decisions and the timing of them.

And also just pray that each of our decisions are made according to God's specific plan for us and our family. That we do not compromise our integrity or resort to deceit because of our own fear of the unknown or lack of faith in the One who has blessed us with this tiny life we get to welcome into the world in just over 5 months!

Thank you for your love and prayers for us! We feel so blessed to have you all in our lives!

3 comments on "March 22nd-Announcing the News to Work"

Deb on March 25, 2010 at 6:58 PM said...

So many changes, difficult decisions. Will continue to pray for peace in all your decisions.

mmncgrand on March 27, 2010 at 9:36 AM said...

We will pray Sonya. That you don't get stressed out with all of this, and that God will show you very plainly what you need to be doing. He has it all under control.

Matt and Sonya on March 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM said...

Thank you Granmda J & Mom Witt! We appreciate your prayers. We are feeling His peace already even as we are making decisions this week. Thank you for your support!

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates