So I got to see Dr. Shelton again this week! I told him "no more fishing trips until AFTER the baby is born!" :) I was indeed Group B Strep (GBS) positive. Although, it is not a big deal and he is not concerned at all. It just means they will have to give me antibiotics during labor. Dr. Shelton said 30% of women just have it. It doesn't hurt us at all, but they just want to prevent the baby from infection. I still would rather be in the 70th percentile...and I explained this to him, but that is just how I am! ha ha. My sister 'n law, Age, who also tested positive, reiterated that it "ain't no thang." Right, Age? :)
Also, I'm one centimeter dilated! I know this could mean nothing, and I could remain here for several weeks. But don't burst my bubble...it feels like exciting news to me! It means somethings happening!
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments on "Aug 11th- Doctor's Appt"
Post a Comment