Sunday, August 8, 2010

Aug 4th-Doctor's Appt


At my 36 week doctor's appointment on Wednesday, I saw Dr. Lerch, instead of Dr. Shelton. Dr. Shelton is on vacation the entire week. I told him that was okay I guess, as long as he is around for my delivery! He tells me then when I am actually in labor I am not going to care which doctor is there. I don't believe him...but we'll see. He just creates a sense of calm that I personally prefer.

Dr. Lerch said that the baby's position is head down...so that's good as long as it stays that way! And it explains the sharp pain I sometimes feel in my ribs. I suspected I was getting kicked up there! The other night, I was even able to feel the entire length of the babies leg...and it was up by my rib cage. So it still must be in that position.

Dr. Lerch also performed the Group B Strep (GBS) Screening on me. They will get the results back by my appointment next week. I am going in every week from here on out! Apparently, if I test positive that just means they will need to give me antibiotics during delivery so that the baby does not become infected. About 10 to 30 percent of women carry GBS. It is not anything serious though...especially if they prevent the baby from contracting it.

2 comments on "Aug 4th-Doctor's Appt"

Deb on August 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM said...

Dr. Lerch?! Really?!! Sounds like he belongs on the Munsters. The week is almost over and your regular Dr. will be back right? have you received the results back from the test?

Matt and Sonya on August 11, 2010 at 9:17 PM said...

Dr. Lerch is actually a woman! And she is actually really nice...she doesn't live up to her name. I think she just married into a bad name! My doctor is back this week. I go to see him tomorrow afternoon. I will find out at my appt what the results of my test are.

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates