Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aug 18th- Doctor's Appt & Car Accident


Oh My! It has been a day! Well, I did have a doctor's appointment today...but was delayed a little on the way there. On my way to the appointment after my last sales call, I was sitting at a stoplight. All of the sudden, I was jerked forward in my seat from an impact behind me. The impact forced my foot off of the brake and I fumbled around to slam on the brakes before I ran into the SUV sitting in front of me. A Ford Taurus failed to see that we were stopped and the driver barreled into me. It startled more than anything, and I was a little shaken up. A woman emerges from the Taurus, as do I, and I think to myself "she is going to freak when she see's how pregnant I am!" She saw me and says, "I am so sorry!" I know she felt bad.

We notice that this road is not a good place to check out the damage as we have vehicles going by on both sides of us and I suggest to her that we pull into a nearby parking lot. Then, a police officer on a motorcycle pulls up and assists us with controlling traffic so we can get out of the middle of the road. We exchanged information and the officer proceeds to tell us about how his first grandbaby is due in two weeks also. He was a chatty officer! The damage was fairly minimal, and as for me, I was just feeling a bit of neck and back pain. Of course this makes sense since I was nailed from behind.

I called ahead to the doctor's letting them know I would be a few minutes late. When I saw Doctor Shelton he said that he thought the baby was probably fine but he wanted to send me over to the hospital for some monitoring just as a precaution. He did check me to see if I was dilated though before sending me over...2 centimeters! Progress!

At the hospital, they hooked me up for about a half an hour to monitor the babies heartbeat and my contractions. The heartbeat looked great and the nurse said their MIGHT have been one contraction, but it is hard to tell. So everything is fine. I will go back to see Dr. Shelton next week! I am so thankful for the Lord's protection today!

2 comments on "Aug 18th- Doctor's Appt & Car Accident"

Deb on August 19, 2010 at 7:38 AM said...

Thank you Lord for protecting Sonya and baby Jeopardy today! Since you are starting to dilate now, maybe the actual birth will go faster :)

mmncgrand on August 23, 2010 at 8:58 AM said...

I'm so sorry for your accident Sonya. I hadn't looked at the blog until today but Ed told me about it when he called on Sat. Glad you were protected from harm and the baby is doing okay.

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates