We don't have a ton of pictures because the shower was for us, but Diane snapped some at the end of us opening gifts. I don't have pictures of the games...we played two of them. The first one everyone had to guess how may sheets of toilet paper it took to get around my belly. A dangerous game! Matt wanted to not sleep on the couch, so he guessed 3! :) Our Administrator, Jim, measured himself and then added a few sheets to his count. He was sad to find out he should have just left it at his measurements to win! He wasn't sure if he should have the dessert after that! Our Director of Nursing, Sheri, won with a guess of 12. We measured me at the end and it came out to 11.
We also played the game where you have to guess the baby food flavor. I was not very good and I think I only got 4 right! I'm hoping that stage (where the baby is eating those foods) does not last long! Yuck :) Diane won that one. She has a great sense of smell!
Okay-on to some pictures. Aren't these the cutest plates and napkins?
Chuck, my boss, couldn't be there for the shower because he was at Fort Bragg, NC to greet his son after returning from Afghanistan. We are so glad Phil is home safely! But Chuck supplied my favorite cake...angel food with whip cream and strawberries from his favorite bakery in town. It was delish!
Andrea Pennington, the marketer for the hospital, was so sweet to have planned this shower for us. Here she is with the gifts.
First gift. Love it. I was really wanting a diaper genie! Michelle & Tammy who are in billing and Liz in human resources, got us this one. They all had other commitments and couldn't make it to the shower. So sweet of them to get us something.
There is a bit of a story to this one. We really wanted this monkey blanket and would have just purchased it ourselves if we didn't end up getting it. Well, I guess Andrea & Lisa BOTH got it for us. Andrea bought it first, but Target never took it off of the registry. And Lisa , another Area Manager (marketing) picked it up the day of the shower so there was some disagreement on whose should be kept! ha ha. This one is from Lisa and she also got a us stuffed horse.
Andrea claimed she was going to go out and find the biggest horse she could find to show Lisa up and prove her blanket should be kept. Later that night, Kevin, Lisa's husband, send me an email with this picture:
The email said: "See below message to Andrea"
They sent this picture to Andrea with the message: "Look what Lisa's getting Sonya!"
It was so hilarious...we laughed out loud.
Here we are opening Andrea's gifts
Ducky clothing from a physical therapist, Rory, who is also pregnant. Her card said, "Encompass babies rock!".
Sheri and Deb (our Assistant Dir of Nursing) went together and got us a bouncer and lullably cd.
This one was from Jim. He was trying to bring some manliness to the baby shower.
He made the label himself!
It was all of the baby care items we needed such as diaper rash cream, Johnson & Johnson lotion, bath soap etc. He was in the funniest mood during this shower! He also was in charge of writing the gifts down for us. We ended up with a VERY detailed list on sticky notes labeled, "1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc." !
And his card
"I want homecare" in the bottom corner! Who knows! :)
Diane, Andrea Riley (the last Area Manager I have not mentioned yet) and Carla Beth (one of our field nurses) went together and bought me this cute diaper bag!
Diane wanted me to stand with the card because she thought it looked just like me...all belly.
Time to EAT the cake!
The girls-left to right: Andrea Pennington, Lisa, me, Diane, Andrea Riley & Sheri!
They wanted to stand sideways so we could see my bump.
The men: Jim, Matt and Kevin!
I don't know how well you can see it...but behind Matt's head is the Baby Pool they have started in the office. There is a calendar where you can sign up on your day and hour time slot to guess when the baby will be born. There is a calendar in Pink if you are guessing a girl, and one in Blue if you think it will be a boy. Everyone pays a dollar for each guess and the winner splits the winnings with the baby. It should be fun. Especially since most people are so adamant on what the gender will be! My boss emailed in yesterday to claim his spot on August 29th at 3:23 pm. He is sure it is a boy and he calls him "Fred" often. August 29th is Chuck's birthday by the way. :)

2 comments on "Baby Shower at Work- Aug 12th"
Looks like a fun bunch of showers - the onesie idea is awesome!! And i LOVE your diaper bag - I have one (same brand, different colors) and I have LOVED it. It was a splurge but I love everything about it - it wipes clean, comes with everything you need, has tons of pockets, the removable straps and rings for hooking it on the stroller are awesome :)
You're still lookin' awesome - I can't believe how soon that baby will be here!! I can't wait to hear how things go!!
Very nice shower. I am glad you have such a fine group of people to work with. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. You still look so good Sonya. Sorry Matt but I don't think the baby will come tomorrow on your birthday.
Post a Comment