Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Aug 25th- Doctor's Appointment & False Labor


Well! It has been quite eventful around here lately. Today I officially went on my maternity leave at work. Last night (or should I say early this morning) I was having contractions that moved from an hour apart to 3-5 minutes. I got up and showered at 5 preparing to go to the hospital. By 6, we were ready to go out the door and then the contractions slowed down! I called the hospital and they said I was probably not ready yet...it was just Braxton Hicks contractions. Well those little buggers could have fooled me! They HURT! So both Matt and I took a couch and slept for awhile. Matt got up and went to work after 8...I called my boss to let him know I'm done and rolled back over to get some more sleep! It was so nice to be able to get some sleep because it was NOT happening last night!

I had a doctor's appointment today and Dr. Shelton informed me that I am 80% effaced and 3 cm dilated. I lost a few pounds from last week...but I guess this is normal. They have me at a total of 32 pounds weight gain to date. Also, I feel like I have dropped a bit in just the last 24 hours. Dr. Shelton doubts that I will last another week but it's hard to tell with these things! We were asked if I wanted to be induced...but we declined. As convenient as it would be timing-wise, I'd really rather wait for the baby to come when it is ready. I'm back at home letting nature take its course. I'm trying to get some rest so I am ready when I need to be. In the last 45 minutes I have had contractions at 5 minutes apart ON THE NOSE. But, whose to say these aren't Braxton Hicks again? I surely don't know. Anna Marie (the nurse) told me to lay on my left side and drink cold water if this happens again. If they go away it is probably just Braxton Hicks, if not, it is probably the real deal and I should go to the hospital. So that is what I am doing right now. Matt is at an in-service at work but he is available at a moments notice if we need to go. He can probably get to me in a half hour.

So that is where we are at! It could be days, it could be hours. I'm still a few days away from my due date on Monday...so we have time. We appreciate your prayers!

4 comments on "Aug 25th- Doctor's Appointment & False Labor"

Deb on August 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM said...

yipee, Jeopardy's comin soon! Hopefully with your body working towards birth already, the actual labor won't be too long. Glad you can get some extra rest. You are in our prayers!

Deb on August 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM said...

Maybe you need to update us with one last belly shot :)

Nicole on August 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM said...

Yes, how exciting! Hope these last couple of days or hours - maybe you're at the hospital now! - go well!

The Johnston Family on August 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM said...

so exciting - I just read this (knowing you already had little Nathan) - I so miss those days and how exciting they are. It really is amazing to be a woman, isn't it?? I know Matt gets to enjoy it too, but you know what I mean. I cannot wait to chat with you and hear all about it - when you're settled in of course :) Blessings and prayers to you all :)

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates