Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10th-3rd Dr Appt


11 Weeks, 3 Days
I had my 3rd doctor's appointment today in the afternoon. I am having them monthly now and my next ultrasound won't be until between 18 and 20 weeks. We would be able to find out the gender then...but we are going to be surprised! (Unless we enter a moment of weakness while we are there! ha ha. I really don't see that happening!)

Matt did not come with me to this one because it is difficult for him to get off work in the middle of the day, especially since his boss does not know I am pregnant. And we thought this was just going to be a routine visit...no ultrasound or anything exciting like that. However...I got to hear the heartbeat!!! It was really exciting. I couldn't believe how fast little Jeopardy's (thanks, Colin...I like to call it something other than baby!) heart was beating! Dr. Shelton said that is completely normal. It was very cool because sometimes I don't even feel pregnant. My nurse, Anna Marie, kept saying about how little I was and that I actually lost a pound since four weeks ago. (I weighed in at 129 this appt.) But Dr. Shelton told me this was also perfectly normal and fine as I am only in my first trimester. Anyway, point is when you don't look pregnant (except for a little bloated belly bulge not obvious to anyone but me) and I have only rarely felt nauseous...sometimes I think "is there really something in there?" So, it was so awesome hearing that little heartbeat! So amazing how God made our bodies. So very amazing.

5 comments on "February 10th-3rd Dr Appt"

The Johnston Family on February 11, 2010 at 11:05 AM said...

YAY!! You guys are adorable :) I just caught myself up on your latest news and am SO excited for you to have a blog about this great time! Keep up updated and keep the pictures coming! You look great - I'm so glad you're feeling well! That makes things so much better. And you're lookin busty, girl - work it :) The joys of pregnancy :)
Love it all - so happy for you guys - hugs from us all!

Jes

Matt and Sonya on February 14, 2010 at 3:28 PM said...

Ha ha, you're hilarious, Jessie. But thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the blog! Any advice and tips are appreciated :)

Deb on February 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM said...

so glad "Jeopardy's" heart is beating along just fine!! What an awesome, amazing God we have!!!

mmncgrand on February 21, 2010 at 4:45 PM said...

I love the scripture in Psalms 139 that says we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Your little one says " I praise you oh God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made in my Mother's womb". You are right Deb we serve an awesome and amazing God. May this little one grow early to love God.

Matt and Sonya on February 21, 2010 at 10:12 PM said...

Absolutely! Amazing.

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates