Matt and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday. Our plan was to go see the movie, Valenine's Day, and then go out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Rock Bottom. We decided not to go away overnight because Matt is flying with me to Las Vegas in 2 weeks with my company...so that will be our getaway!
Matt went in to my company Saturday morning to watch some videos for orientation...because he is going to work for Encompass Home Health PRN on Saturdays! He is excited about the opportunity as am I because I know what a quality organization it is firsthand. The plan was for me to clean and get the laundry done while he was gone so that we could enjoy the rest of the day together. But then right before he got home...after the cleaning was all done...I started seeing spots and my vision was kind of blurry. This happened to me once before and sure enough...a headache followed. I was so bummed but after taking some headache medicine Matt insisted that I lay down with the lights off and an ice pack on my forehead. And he surprised me with these beautiful flowers that he snuck home. Aren't they gorgeous?
Anyway, a two hour nap and my head felt so much better! So we headed out after a couple of quick pictures.
We arrive at the movie and it is sold out. We aren't terribly disappointed as we weren't convinced we would love the movie anyway. So we headed to Rock Bottom first! It was delicious as always and look at the planning we got done too!
We drew this diagram of our 2nd bedroom to try to figure out where everything would go for the baby. It is a terrible diagram...not even close to scale. Matt would have done a much better job!
We also started a list of the most important things that we would need to purchase for the baby before it was born and an estimated cost of each so we could begin to plan for the expenses. We got so excited talking about it that we just headed right on to Babies 'R Us after dinner! So much for the movie!
It was so fun...and we felt like we got a lot accomplished! This is the part that you will love, Mom Witt because we know you have been asking for a baby wish list. So here are a few of the items that we love:
A pack 'n play. We love the color scheme. It goes with our plan for the baby room...blue, green, and brown. And after checking reviews online found it fared pretty well. Also, the price was less than some of the other ones...which is always a plus!
Stroller/Car Seat/Carrier Travel System. We LOVE this one compared to the other ones. It also has better reviews than many of the others we looked at. The color scheme is great...gender neutral so that we can use them for all 5 of our kiddos! ha ha. Just kidding...final tally to be determined. Focusing on this first one for now!
And check this out! A matching diaper bag!
The one on the right is for a man...not sure this really necessary at all. But the green and gray one is very nice with tons of pockets including an insulated one for a bottle. Not sure if this is the THE diaper bag yet...but it's an option!
Jessie told us a long time ago that a baby video monitor was a must. So here is one that we saw but have not looked much at reviews yet. This was on the lower end for price...but it was still quite expensive. It is amazing how much these things can cost!
We are hoping to find a cheap crib on Craig's List or at a yard sale this summer. But this is an idea of what we are looking for.
We want the light wood (you can see the rail in the back that is in natural) to go with the rest of the furniture in the baby's room. But this is close to the look we are looking for anyway. This particular one did not get great reviews. I especially like when they are convertible...to a toddler day bed and then a headboard for a single bed.
And here is a recliner that we like the size of...just not the price or color. I would like to find a light colored one that is small enough to fit in our room. But I love the idea of the recliner so you do not have to have an ottoman taking up extra space in a small room.
The good news, Mom W? We started the Babies 'R Us registry online when we got home so that you can just check these thing and more online. Just search for Matt or I's name!
On another note, I am having the hardest time finding crib bedding that I like (in our color scheme) for a reasonable price. But of course, we still have 6 months...so I'm sure we will be fine. But here is a bedding set that is really growing on me. If it weren't organic it probably wouldn't be so expensive! What we like about it is it has all of our colors with the blue being more primary than the green. I of course love green, but my whole apartment does not need to be green! Otherwise, this one really tempts me because the price is awesome and it has the right colors. I just feel like green is the primary color and I don't love the skirt...it is more ruffly and I like them to be straight.
Back to the first bedding set, the organic vine one. It also has a coordinating changing pad cover that I have seen on other websites. I like this because I am going to lay it on our desk and use it as a changing table. And this brings the pattern and color to the other side of the room as well!
Okay, enough decorating talk! So the stores eventually closed and then we went through some dealerships to check out some vehicle options for when we have enough cash saved up (after grabbing a shake at Burger King of course). It was actually fun! Probably because I am getting more excited about some of the options. Especially when I think of how much easier it would be to put a stroller in the back of an SUV as opposed to a car trunk! Still dreaming...this purchase is a ways a way. But dreaming is fun and it was a good way to end our night :)
Wow, this has been a long post. Hope you enjoyed. Happy Valentine's! Love from all 3 of us! Matt, Sonya & Baby Jeopardy :)

2 comments on "Valentine's Day"
So glad for all this info. Keep adding to the list for me. I already have a box started of things for my baby - carefully hidden from the girls though!
I can't believe you already have a box of things! You are so cute...and generous. Just 3 more weeks and you can show the girls your box! :)
Post a Comment