Saturday, February 6, 2010

February 6th- Telling Colin the News!


10 Weeks, 6 Days
So...we broke down tonight. I was talking on the phone to my mom for a long time about baby stuff, why we should move back to PA (this from her of course!), cribs, when we were telling everyone else etc. etc. Then I get off the phone and shared some of our conversation with Matt. He says we should just tell David & Age tonight! I am tempted...but that wasn't the plan! However, they do have some great baby stuff that we could purchase unless their other friends who are going to be new parents soon snag it first!! (Kidding, Age...that's not WHY we called!)
Photobucket
Anyway, we make an impulsive decision and he talks me into it. Especially because he let's me know that Age's status on Facebook says that all three of them are home together on this snowy Saturday...enjoying a good movie after their day of sledding! So we call them up. I ring Age first.
"Ring, Ring!"
She must be enjoying her movie (or Colin's...Snow Buddies!) So I try David.
"Ring, Ring, Ring!"
"Hello?" Yes! He answers!!!
I ask him if they are all together and when he says yes, I ask him if I can speak with Colin. I told him to tell Colin I have something VERY important to tell him! (I wanted to make sure Colin wouldn't snub me since he was watching Snow Buddies-his favorite movie ever!)
"Colin!!!"
"Yes?"
"Aunt Sonya has something important to tell you"
He puts Colin on and he says to me, "What?"
I first thank him for the cute little card and drawing of a lion that he sent us earlier this week. And then I tell him that I have a secret to tell him that even Daddy & Mommy don't know.
"What is it?" He asks curiously.
I ask him if Daddy & Mommy can hear. And David & Age both say "yes!" in the background! So Colin takes the phone (Daddy was holding it for him) and goes to another other room. He's ready now.
So then I tell him that he is going to have another cousin! That Uncle Matt and Aunt Sonya are going to have a baby in Colorado!
Silence.
"Colin, did you hear us?"
"Yes."
"Can you tell Daddy & Mommy?"
So we listen to him go back into the room with his parents and he says this:

"There's a new baby coming...in COLORADO!"


So cute!!!

I then hear Age respond, "Wait...what?" ha ha.

She gets on the phone with us and we tell her that Colin is indeed right. She told me later they were initially shocked! I guess we had them convinced it would be awhile. We talked all of the baby stuff...how I'm feeling, the due date, all that good stuff. And I got on the phone with my brother for awhile also. They congratulated us again and we wrapped it up with the promise of pictures to come throughout the pregnancy!

Now we really are going to stick to are plan of waiting to tell everyone else until the second trimester!

3 comments on "February 6th- Telling Colin the News!"

Deb on February 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM said...

I actually commented on the wrong post, so I'll just reiterate my point here - I'm about ready to burst with the news, so get on with it already!

mmncgrand on February 21, 2010 at 4:48 PM said...

Yes, let me know when I can tell the world.

Matt and Sonya on February 21, 2010 at 10:10 PM said...

Ha ha. Grandma, you can tell people now. We still have our friends to tell out here and then I am waiting awhile to tell my work. But you can tell friends & family by you!

 

Two become Three Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates